Cupcakes are great (OK, they’re amazing), but we’re having a muffin moment. These light, fluffy handhelds are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened or melted (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (for topping)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (for topping)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (for topping)
- For 1 serving out of 12
- Calories 263
- Protein 5 g
- Carbs 37 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 19 g
- Sodium 155 mg
- Fat 11 g
- Saturated 7 g
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center and add apple, honey, egg, almond milk, and 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil. Mix gently.
3. To make topping, combine all ingredients and mix into a crumble.
4. Divide batter into 12 muffin tins and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan.