Making a delicious and healthy chili doesn't need to take hours. This slightly smoky and spicy version comes together in four steps and less than 30 minutes. For a heartier meal, try serving the chili over rice; or if you're looking to up your intake of greens, serve it alongside a salad. And for more tasty and easy recipes from Angela, check out the Glamourgirlz Cookbook!
- Olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced white or yellow onion
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound chopped skinless chicken breast or ground chicken
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Diced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Chopped green onion, for garnish (optional)
- For 1 serving out of 4
- Calories 646
- Protein 55 g
- Carbs 83 g
- Fiber 23 g
- Sugars 13 g
- Sodium 625 mg
- Fat 12 g
- Saturated 2 g
- Mist a large pot with olive oil and sauté garlic, onion, carrot, celery, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 cup broth for 4 minutes, or until onions start to soften.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with olive oil and brown chicken over medium-high heat until cooked throughout, about 5 minutes.
- When chicken is fully cooked, add it to the pot with the vegetables. Pour in remaining broth, tomatoes, beans, and hot sauce, and stir well.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat to medium-low. Taste and adjust spices if necessary. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Serve topped with avocado and green onions, if desired.