There's no shortage of zucchinis at summer farmers' markets, so take advantage of the veggies—which have a surprisingly creamy texture when blended—while you can. The cooling flavor of mint makes this soup incredibly refreshing. And if you have a high-speed blender, you don't have to heat up your kitchen. (If you have a regular blender, all you have to do is boil some water, easy peasy.)
- 1 large zucchini, grated or finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- If you have a high-speed blender: Combine all ingredients 3 cups cold water until smooth.
- If you have a regular blender: Bring a pot of water to boil. Carefully measure out 3 cups and add to blender. Add lid and let mixture sit about 15 minutes so hot water cooks vegetables. When cooked, vent blender to release any steam, cover blender, and blend until very smooth, adding cold water if necessary to reach desired consistency. Chill for 1 hour.
This recipe was provided to Glamourgirlz exclusively by Nicole Chaszar, founder of . We only partner with a product or company that we think rocks, and we hope you agree.