When we stumbled across these on Pinterest, we knew we had struck gold simply because they covered all of the staff's dietary needs and loves in one simple recipe: gluten- and dairy-free, with avocado and dark chocolate as the main ingredients. We promise you'll love them too. Adapted from .
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour mix (or whole-wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Calories 1386
- Protein 18 g
- Carbs 252 g
- Fiber 26 g
- Sugars 160 g
- Sodium 652 mg
- Fat 46 g
- Saturated 20 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine avocado and sugar in a food processor until well incorporated. (If you're short a food processor, mix very well in a bowl with a spoon.)
- Add vanilla, cider vinegar, baking soda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon, and mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix until batter is smooth and ingredients are evenly incorporated. Transfer batter to a mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet and flatten (dough will not spread when it bakes). Bake for 10 minutes, turning the tray around halfway through.
- Allow cookies to sit for 3 to 4 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.