No party is complete without guacamole! This recipe from Ivy Stark, executive chef at New York’s , is sure to bring the fun and the flavor thanks to just a few add-ins and Stark's secret trick: using a fork rather than a food processor to mash it. To guarantee your guacamole is pure perfection, check out these additional tips.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped white onion, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño or serrano peppers (seeds and membranes removed), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt, additional for serving
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tablespoons cored, seeded, and finely chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- For 1 serving out of 4
- Calories 214
- Protein 3 g
- Carbs 12 g
- Fiber 9 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Sodium 302 mg
- Fat 19 g
- Saturated 3 g
- In a medium bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon jalapeño, and salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
- Add avocados and gently mash with a fork until chunky-smooth. Fold in remaining cilantro, onion, and jalapeño.
- Stir in tomatoes and lime juice. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Top with a bit more salt before serving.