Soup tastes great with a variety of ingredients and spices. This recipe sticks to simple, whole foods that are as delicious as they are wallet-friendly. Full of high-fiber veggies, a bowlful will keep you satisfied and feeling warm from the inside out.
- Olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoons dried mix of rosemary, basil, and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 5 cups diced winter butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups trimmed green beans
- 2 cups canned navy beans (rinsed and drained)
- In a large soup pot, sauté garlic in olive oil for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, herbs, and black pepper. Stir to coat and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Pour in vegetable stock, squash, tomatoes, green beans, and beans. Cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow soup to cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir soup, then reduce heat to lowest setting. Cover pot and simmer for another 15 minutes.