Football season is not exactly the healthiest time of year (think battered wings soaked in sauce or chili with extra-buttery cornbread). This leaner version of a game day classic offers the flavor of wings and heartiness of chili, minus all that fried breading and fatty beef—and in less than 30 minutes. (Recipe adapted from Everyday Rachael Ray.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 5-6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaping tablespoons finely chopped canned chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups blue corn tortilla chips (optional)
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (optional)
- For 1 serving out of 4
- Calories 415
- Protein 38 g
- Carbs 19 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Sugars 10 g
- Sodium 861 mg
- Fat 21 g
- Saturated 5 g
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook until browned.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Combine chipotle sauce and chilis with tomato sauce. Add to vegetables with broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Turn on broiler. Transfer chili to a casserole dish and top with chips and cheese, if desired. Broil a couple minutes until cheese melts.