On a hot summer day, few things taste as good as ice cream. But dairy can be heavy, so try swapping out traditional ice cream for one made with a banana base. Bananas offer a creamy consistency that satisfies any frozen treat craving, and they're chockful of nutrients. Enjoy this treat for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- 3 bananas, sliced, frozen, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blackberries
- In food processor or powerful blender, combine 1 banana, vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup water until smooth and thick. Divide among three serving dishes.
- Rinse blender or food processor container. Add 1 banana and strawberries. Blend until smooth, adding water if necessary. Divide on top of banana layer.
- Rinse food processor or blender. Add remaining banana and blackberries. Blend until smooth, adding water if necessary. Divide on top of strawberry layer.