The mummy look isn’t only for trick or treating. Disguising a mini pizza as a spooky mummy not only looks cool, but it can be an opportunity to masquerade the meal with extra nutrients, like beta carotene from pumpkin puree.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins or pita pockets
- 1 cup whole-wheat English muffins or pita pockets
- Sliced black olives
- Green or red peppers
- 4 pieces string cheese or cheese slices
- For 1 serving out of 4
- Calories 268
- Protein 13 g
- Carbs 31 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Sugars 8 g
- Sodium 428 mg
- Fat 11 g
- Saturated 6 g
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. (These are also easily microwavable.)
- Spread 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree onto each half of an English muffin (or two tablespoons on each pita, if using). Cover puree with pizza sauce.
- Set olive slices in place for the eyes and add small slices of red or green pepper for pupils. Lay strips of cheese across for mummy wrappings.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.