Need an impressive but easy appetizer? These veggie roll-ups contain all your favorite pizza flavors inside of broiled or grilled zucchini. Since they can be served at room temperature, you can make a big batch before your party. Want a spicy version? Sprinkle with red pepper flakes before rolling.
- 4 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Brush each zucchini slice lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil or grill until softened, about 2 minutes per side. Let cool slightly.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on half of one side of zucchini. Sprinkle with olive, sun-dried tomato, and red pepper flakes, if using. Roll up each slice and secure with a toothpick if necessary.
Recipe created exclusively for Glamourgirlz by .