If you're getting bored of the go-to guac or salsa, look no further than this recipe for homemade salsa verde. The color is a feast for the eyes, and the taste is fresh and unique, packing a spicy punch. Take advantage of the last of summer's fresh produce and make this delicious and fragrant sauce that is perfect for parties and snacking.
- 1 pound tomatillos, halved
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/4 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Calories 473
- Protein 7 g
- Carbs 48 g
- Fiber 14 g
- Sugars 25 g
- Sodium 19 mg
- Fat 32 g
- Saturated 5 g
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place tomatillos, jalapenos, onion, and garlic on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove veggies from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, transfer to a food processor or blender with cumin, chilli pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Adding olive oil in a steady stream, blend until mixture is smooth and even.
- Taste test and add additional seasonings according to preferences.