Think salads are only for lunch or dinner? Think again. Packed with filling protein from sausage and eggs and healthy fats from avocado, this easy breakfast is a refreshing, savory way to start the day. It lasts up to five days in the fridge, so prepare the entire recipe and store it in the fridge in individual containers, and you're set for the week.
For more simple and tasty recipes from Cassy, download a copy of The Glamourgirlz Cookbook: 100 Healthy Recipes Anyone Can Make!
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage
- 9 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Calories 2773
- Protein 140 g
- Carbs 75 g
- Fiber 37 g
- Sugars 28 g
- Sodium 5724 mg
- Fat 220 g
- Saturated 58 g
- Roll sausage into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Cook over high heat, stirring until browned on on all sides and cooked through. Set aside to drain and cool.
- Peel eggs and cut each into 8 pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl with tomatoes, onion, avocado, meatballs, cilantro, salt, and lemon juice. Stir until egg yolks and avocado become slightly creamy.