In just four simple steps, you can be slurping up a filling soup. The protein from the sausage and the fiber from the kale satisfy any night, especially when it's chilly outside. If you don't have or want to use pork, you can easily swap ground beef, bison, or turkey for the sausage.
- 1 pound pork sausage (or breakfast sausage)
- 6 packed cups roughly chopped curly kale
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 lemons, juiced
- For 1 serving out of 4
- Calories 513
- Protein 31 g
- Carbs 25 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Sugars 10 g
- Sodium 1979 mg
- Fat 33 g
- Saturated 10 g
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add kale and stir until kale starts to wilt and reduce in size.
- Add broth, water, and sea salt. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, add lemon juice.