This impressive, flavorful meal doesn't take as long as you think since the steak cooks while the rice does its thing. Toss together a side salad and serve with a fun flavored cocktail (think a light and spicy margarita) at your next dinner party. (No grill pan? Sear the steak instead.) For more tasty and simple recipes from Diana, check out the Glamourgirlz Cookbook!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2-3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pound skirt steak
- Salt and pepper
- For 1 serving out of 4
- Calories 588
- Protein 28 g
- Carbs 41 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Sodium 85 mg
- Fat 36 g
- Saturated 24 g
- To make rice, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a medium-sized pot over high heat. Add rice, coconut milk, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- As rice cooks, heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Place in pan fat side down. Cook 5 minutes, flip, and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes.
- When rice is done cooking, remove from stove with lid on. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add coconut and cilantro.
- Serve warm steak over coconut lime rice.