Potato chips aren’t easy to replace. But these roasted chickpeas are simple, nutritious, crunchy, and satisfying. Leave off the spice if you don’t like spicy food. Got a sweet tooth? You can make a sweet version with a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon instead of cayenne and salt.
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chickpeas, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread on baking sheet in one layer. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan, shake around to ensure chickpeas brown evenly, and return to oven for another 15 minutes until brown and crunchy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of .