No reason to use a packaged mix filled with questionable ingredients to make hot chocolate! This vegan version is crazy easy to make and tastes boatloads better. Adjust the sweetener and spices to suit your tastes, then get warm and cozy no matter how cold it is outside.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, agave syrup, or coconut palm sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon (optional)
- For 1 serving out of 2
- Calories 166
- Protein 6 g
- Carbs 15 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Sugars 7 g
- Sodium 48 mg
- Fat 12 g
- Saturated 0 g
- Place all ingredients in a medium size sauce pan, adding pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to taste, if desired.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.