Despite all the deliciously melty cheese, quesadillas can still be part of a healthy diet. Here, a whole-wheat tortilla brings fiber, and veggies provide antioxidants. (Plus may be easier to digest for people who are lactose intolerant.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla
- 1/2 cup shredded hard goat cheese
- 1/2 large tomato, sliced
- Small handful fresh herbs, such as basil or sage
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes), seasoning with cumin, salt, and pepper. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, lay tortilla flat. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top. Top half the cheese with cooked onions, tomato, and herbs. When cheese begins to melt, fold cheese-only side of tortilla over. Cook for another minute.