Hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for the First Time, in 25 GIFs
If this is the first year you've agreed to open up your kitchen (and the rest of your home) to family, friends, and friends' dates, then you know that this choice is going to be... somewhat stressful, to say the least.
You’re not alone if you're feeling some regret right now, and the thought of Turkey Day makes you just want to pull the covers over your head and hibernate forever. Turns out, more than 60 percent of .
So if you’re playing this year’s Thanksgiving host or hostess, here are the stages of holiday entertaining, in 25 GIFs.
Oh, and may the force be with you.
1. Texting everyone in your s list to let them know the party’s happening at your place on Thanksgiving.
Prepare to be amazed, folks. This year’s Thanksgiving will be epic.
2. Making your grocery list.
You name it!
3. Frantically checking the fridge to see if anything else needs to be added to the grocery list before leaving the house.
Welp. This gallon of milk expired three weeks ago.
4. Actual footage of me walking into the grocery to embark on Thanksgiving shopping:
Who run this motha?!
5. Ten minutes later…
Why did I sign up for this? Dumbest. Idea. Ever.
6. Watching someone grab the last pumpkin pie.
Let the hunger games begin.
7. That magical moment when an employee then brings out more pumpkin pies.
Praise Jesus! Because what’s Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie?
8. Driving back home with a car full of goodies.
Feeling like I’m the ish right now because, well, I am.
9. Walking up to the front porch like:
10. Me giving myself a pep talk at 5 o’clock in the morning:
What could possibly go wrong?
11. How I think I look in the kitchen:
I love cooking!
12. How I actually look:
13. Now it’s time to whip up your mom’s famous mashed potatoes.
She's going to be so proud.
14. Uh, does this recipe call for one or two cups of heaving whipping cream?
15. When it’s past noon and you still haven’t seasoned the turkey.
Is it too late to cancel Thanksgiving?
16. It's OK. It's cool. You’re a boss.
In the words of Beyoncé, "I’ma keep running 'cause a winner don’t quit on themselves."
17. Waiting for the first person to arrive.
This is torture.
18. The doorbell rings.
Hell to the yeah.
19. Greeting your guests.
This is going to be amazing. I TOLD YOU.
20. It's taken four hours (and an entire bottle of wine), but the turkey’s cooked and all the sides look scrumptious.
No one does it better.
21. Watching as someone takes the first bite.
Is anyone else melting like a snow cone in Phoenix?
22. When your picky sister-in-law compliments your macaroni and cheese.
Anybody get that on camera?
23. Everyone’s either asleep or in a food coma.
24. Sending guests away with plenty of leftovers.
Me: Y'all come back now, ya hear?
Also me: I’m never doing that sh*t again!
25. Is 9 p.m. too early for bed?
That was really fun and everything, but now I am going to sleep for the next 25 years, cool?
Princess Gabbara is a Michigan-based journalist and storyteller. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at .