The 14 Stages of Dealing With Insomnia, in GIFs
Sometimes insomnia can be triggered by worrying about all the ish you have to cross off your to-do list—or maybe you just made a life choice and chugged a flat white in the late afternoon. Regardless, the health consequences of insomnia can be alarming, including of car accidents. If you've ever dealt with insomnia, here are 14 GIFs that are relatable AF.
1. You spend most of your days feeling like this:
2. But this is your reality when bedtime rolls around:
3. You feel optimistic—at first.
If I fall asleep right now, I can get exactly 8.5 hours of sleep.
4. So you decide to take a hot shower, hoping it'll help you fall asleep faster…
5. It seems to be working until you get a text from your mom.
Are you kidding me?!
6. Searching the internet for natural home remedies…
Warm milk and honey? *rolls eyes*
7. Yeah... nothing this wholesome is working tonight.
8. The frustration you immediately feel when you realize it was 9:30 p.m. when you jumped into bed and now it's past midnight.
The Lord is testing me.
9. When you decide to pull up your party playlist because you can't sleep anyway.
Whoomp, there it is!
10. It's a struggle to get out of bed after only getting three or four hours of sleep…if you're lucky.
11. As a result, you turn to coffee to stay awake—and alive, for that matter.
12. Reading a study about all the negative effects that lack of sleep can have on your health…
Welp, guess that means I'm screwed.
13. When someone suggests counting sheep before going to bed:
14. Treasuring those nights when you instantly fall asleep:
Princess Gabbara is a Michigan-based journalist and storyteller. Follow her on and @PrincessGabbara.