Despite our best intentions, exercise doesn’t always happen. Basically, nobody’s perfect. So if you’ve ever used any of these excuses to get out of exercise, you’re definitely not alone.
1. I’m on deadline for a very important work assignment.
So busy. So sorry.
2. I’m going to the gym… tomorrow.
Why do today what you could put off until tomorrow?
3. I felt lightheaded for like 10 seconds earlier. That totally happened. Really.
I just can’t take the risk right now. A medical professional would totally agree.
4. It’s that time of the month.
It worked in high school, didn’t it?
5. I was involved in a freak accident.
My pride. I mean, knee. Ouch.
6. I’m behind on the housework.
So much housework. So little time.
7. I double-booked myself.
Oh, no. If only I hadn’t made these other plans too.
8. Something super urgent came up.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9. I can’t possibly work out after eating all this.
The best thing would be to rest. Forever.
10. It's totally drizzling.
I can’t go outside. Ever. Again.Amy Mackelden is a weekend editor at ELLE, Harper’s BAZAAR, and Marie Claire. She’s written for Cosmopolitan, Bustle, Ravishly, The Independent, The Guardian, Hello Giggles, and Teen Vogue. She’s currently developing a show called MS Is My Boyfriend, about what multiple sclerosis is really like. Follow her on Twitter .