Here at Glamourgirlz, we believe in taking a day off. Aside from the much-needed mental break, it gives our writers a chance to share how they're living the greatist lifestyle, one glorious bite at a time in this case. Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
Banana and Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
What You'll Need:
2 slices whole wheat or multi-grain bread
½ a banana
1-2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon toasted almonds, chopped (optional)
½ tablespoon honey
Cinnamon (Optional: Nutmeg)
1 large organic egg
2 tablespoons 1% milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do:
- Spread ½-1 tbsp of cream cheese on each slice of bread.
- Slice the banana lengthwise into 4-5 thin strips and layer banana over the cream cheese.
- On the other slice of bread, sprinkle toasted almonds, nutmeg, cinnamon, and honey.
- Place one piece of bread over the other making a sandwich.
- Whisk egg, milk and vanilla in a shallow dish.
- Place the sandwich in egg mixture; flipping over to make sure each side is coated in egg.
- Sauté on low to medium heat in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray until golden brown.
- Top with blueberries and powdered sugar, and enjoy!
What's your favorite weekend brunch recipe? Share with us in the comments below!