S’mores: the summertime staple combing . But these tasty treats have the tendency to make a major mess. For a portable and less-sticky (but just as gooey!) substitute, try our S'more Brownies with a health-conscious twist. Better double the batch—this decadent dessert will have everyone begging for s’more.
Makes 16 1-inch squares
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar, or substitute
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tablespoons applesauce or baby dates
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 2 graham crackers, chopped
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix butter, egg whites, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients on top of the wet and combine until smooth.
- Spread batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until firm and beginning to crack on the top.
- Pull out pan and sprinkle marshmallows on the top. Add graham crackers and chocolate.
- Put back in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned and chocolate begins to melt.
- Let cool and enjoy!